The organizing committee for the first edition of the Eastern Townships Film Festival is pleased to announce the launch of its short film competition for youth 17 and under. This competition is part of a special section of the festival program. Young people wishing to enter the contest are invited to submit their works according to the following categories:
Two age categories
- 9-13 years and 14-17 years (as of August 18, 2011).
If it is a team effort, the age of the oldest contestant will be held into account for the competition.
Three categories of style
The short films can be made in one of the following style categories:
The films will be judged on the following criteria:
- whether it conveys a clear message or story;
- how well shot and edited it is;
- their entertainment value;
- they meet one of the topics suggested.
Each film must represent one of the following:
- Family, friends and fun
and, if possible:
- In the Eastern Townships, if there is where you live or if youy love this area;
- Or from another region of Quebec ... or everywhere else in the world!
The finalists will have their films projected during the festival on the promotional sites, and the winning entries will be shown and awarded during the closing projection of the festival
All films must meet the following rules
Duration: 1 to 2 minutes maximum
Deadline: August 12, 2011 at midnight
The films must be uploaded to a streaming site (youtube, daylymotion, facebook, vimeo, etc.). The URL must be sent by the author (or the older author, if it is a work team) via email with his name, age, style and the topic chosen by August 12 at midnight at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.